After making an enormous omelette that couldn’t even envelope its fillings, Joanne and I headed downtown for mid-day dessert at Capstone Tea & Fondue! The meal was even sweeter because we had a Groupon: “For $12, you get fondue for two (up to a $24.95 value).”
The restaurant had a relaxing atmosphere as it was very open and bright. Also, I really liked their letter-textured wall, hence why I snapped a picture of it :)
After flipping through the menu several times, we ended up ordering the
Chocolate Fondue for Two
Assorted seasonal fruits
Daily featured pastry items
6 ice-cream truffles
Choice of 2 fondue toppings
Personally, I think this is the best option because if you’re like me (a fondue virgin), it’s nice to try some of everything :)
When the tray of dishes was set on the table, I turned googly-eyed… it looked amazing! There were:
- FRUITS: Pineapples, strawberries, grapes, green apples, bananas
- PASTRIES: Lemon pound cake, banana cake, and some cookies
- ICE-CREAM TRUFFLES: Mango, matcha, and strawberry
- TOPPINGS: Almonds and crushed graham crackers
- And of course, 56% semi-sweet Belgian chocolate kept warm and melty by candlelight.
What I really liked about this selection of dunkees was that the flavours were really balanced; the richness of the banana was counteracted with the tartness of the pineapple, for instance. Also, I was very pleased with the ice-cream truffles because they weren’t overly sweet at all, even when dripping with chocolate (my favourite was the mango!). As for the pastries, I was much more fond of the cakes than the cookies that didn’t exhibit any distinct flavours.
Snapshot of all that chocolately goodness coating a lemon pound cake :) YUMMMM!
Overall, this place is great for dates or even group gatherings! It wasn’t loud at all when we went. Service was prompt and friendly as well.
- Don’t order the almonds, they’re too big to stay on the chocolate
- Seriously drown your dunkees because you have plenty of chocolate
- Order some hot water or tea to clean your palette throughout the meal